Why Choose Rehab in Thailand?
Why Travel to Thailand for Treatment?
Given the availability of local treatment options, you might be weighing the pros and cons of travelling to Thailand for treatment at The Edge.
Bottom line: leaving your day-to-day environment behind and getting treatment in a new place will help you to get – and stay – sober.
Let’s take a look at a few of the reasons why traveling for treatment is a good idea – and why The Edge is the ideal place to go when you do.
The Benefits of Going Abroad for Rehab
Travel has the power to transform you, because leaving all that you know behind gives you the space and opportunity to change. Treatment requires massive change – and traveling makes that shift easier.
Below are a just few of the reasons that going abroad for treatment can dramatically impact your experience – and, ultimately, your odds of success.
- Healthy distance – When you leave home, you’re miles away from the people, things and situations that keep you addicted. Separating yourself from the triggers and stresses of your day-to-day environment allows you to find a new way of life – giving you the best chance of lasting recovery.
- Change of scenery – Going somewhere new to change your life generates enthusiasm for what lies ahead for you – and the belief that things really can be different this time around.
- Breathing room – When you strip away the commitments and routines of your day-to-day life, you’re able to fully focus on the treatment process. This makes you much more likely to succeed.
- Privacy – Being in another country for treatment protects your privacy by giving you an extra layer of confidentiality. No one will know you’re here unless you tell them – and knowing that will give you peace of mind and allow you to keep your focus where it needs to be: on treatment. If your family is socially prominent or you have a high public profile, this is especially critical.
- Non-judgment – Unfortunately, some counties stigmatise addiction – in particular, the Middle East and some parts of Asia. If this is the case for you, it’s in your best interests to go elsewhere for treatment. Your reputation and your pride are safe with us.
‘ After undergoing the treatment program, our son has a high level of confidence in overcoming his addiction. He has learned much about himself and how to deal with his addiction effectively, beginning with abstinence and progressing to recovery… The location and environment was excellent and conducive for a treatment centre, operating under very high standards. I don’t think there is any in the nearby region that is comparable. ’
Peter, parent of a client in recovery
The Edge: Your Best Choice for Residential Rehab
The benefits of traveling for treatment are clear – but where should you go?
Here are just a few of the reasons why The Edge is a great choice for residential rehab:
- Environment – Thailand is amazingly beautiful, which is why it’s such a popular vacation destination. While here, you’ll be surrounded by exotic jungles and lush mountains. You’ll feel grounded and at peace, which will help you to avoid stress: the most common relapse trigger.
- Effective programming – There’s no other programme like ours anywhere in the world. Our revolutionary method – developed specifically for young men – strengthens motivation and determination through fun, competition, teamwork, adventure and camaraderie. While away from your triggers, you’ll be challenged to become your best self as you form bonds that last a lifetime. You won’t just recover – you’ll thrive.
- Professionalism – We’re the only rehab in Thailand licenced by the Thai Ministry of Health. Our treatment is guaranteed to be safe, and our Western-accredited clinical team will care for you round the clock.
- Savings – You’ll pay around 50% of what you’d pay for a programme like ours in a Western country, without compromising quality.
- Comfort – Our luxurious five-star facilities, featuring an infinity pool and private resort accommodation, offer an ideal environment to find healing from your addiction.
- Fitness & adventure – While in treatment, you’ll have the opportunity to learn Muay Thai boxing, train for a triathlon and go on thrilling jungle adventures. How many other programmes offer that?
- Great food – The food here is incredible. You can choose to enjoy mouth-watering, authentic Thai food for the entirety of your stay, opt for a taste of home.
- Kindness – Thailand is famous for the hospitality and warmth of its people. You’ve never been taken care of as well as you will be here.
- Convenience – Though you’ll have to travel to get here, your trip will be painless. We’ll pick you up at the airport when you arrive, and our facilities are only an hour away.
Your treatment won’t end when you leave Thailand, either – you’ll be offered extensive aftercare support and, if needed, you’ll be referred to our global network of of outpatient centres. You’ll have access to our comprehensive aftercare programme, featuring free online group video meetings, our alumni support network and more.
Find out how The Edge can help you by contacting us for a free assessment today.